BEST OF ITALY 12 DAYS / 11 NIGHTS
BEST OF ITALY 12 DAYS / 11 NIGHTS
Day 1 ROME
Arrival Rome airport where you will meet your guide/driver and transfered to Rome elegent centraly located Metropole Star Hotel 4* or similar for two nights. Tonight we explore the highlights of the Eternal city of Rome with Illuminations drive and stops at Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Navona Square and Pantheon. Later enjoy a welcome dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 2 ROME
We start our day with a guided visit of the Vatican Museum, St. Peters basilica and the Sistine Chapel to explore Christian Rome. After the lunch break our guide will reveal the story behind the Colloseum with Roman Forum in a walking guided tour.The rest of the day is free to explore Rome on your own.
Day 3 ROME – POMPEI – SORRENTO – POSITANO – RAVELLO
One of the highlights of the trip is the visit to the Bay of Neapels area. First a trip back in time with a local guide to discover the Ancient town of Pompei. Afterwards we visit the most stunning Italian cost and have lunch in Sorrento and coffee in Positano on the breathtaking Amalfi drive.The day ends in breathtaking Ravello. Your hotel on the Amalfi coast is clif-hanging Villa Maria 4* or similar in Ravello.
Day 4 ROME – ORVIETO – SIENA – SAN GIMIGNIANO
After breakfast we drive to central Italy. Before reaching Tuscany we stop at an Umbrian hill-top town of Orvieto and ultimate renesance town of Siena. Our loodging is hill-top town of San Gimigniano Hotel Cisterna 4* or similar in the heart of Tuscany for two nights.
Day 5 SAN GIMIGNIANO – FLORENCE – SAN GIMIGNIANO
Today enjoy a full day visit to the city of Florence. Our program will include a visit to Academia to see original David by Michelangelo, a guided visit of the historical district and a lot of free time to explore Florence on your own and great day for shopping. This evening enjoy a real Tuscany gastronomic dinner with Fiorentina steak.
Day 6 SAN GIMIGNIANO – GUBBIO – SAN MARINO
Our tour today will take as to one of the best preserved mediaval towns of Italy Gubbio where we’ll ride the funivia (bird-cage lift) to the top of the mountain to enjoy the views and see the Basilica of Saint Ubaldo, whose 900 year old remains are still on display. Afterwards drive to Republic of San Marino. Our lodging is GH San Marino 4* or similar for one night with stunning views.
Day 7 SAN MARINO – SAVIGNIANO SUL RUBICONE – VENICE
The die has been thrown said Julius Cezar, when he croosed with his troops the Rubicone river in 49BC. We’lll try to find the river in Savignano sul Rubicone on a real adventure. Later the road will take us to Venice, where we change our vehicle for a boat for two nights. Our hotel Splendide 4* or similar for two nights is just of St.Mark’s square.
Day 8 VENICE
A full day in incomparable Venice! We will begin with orientational walk of St. Mark’s Square, where you will find the Doge’s Palace and the Basilica, the power and soul of the 1000 year maritime republic. Visit of Glass blowing factory. And after time on your own to get lost in the maze of Venetian alleys we’ll board a boat for an exploration of the Venetian Lagoon. Our stop is the island of Burano, known for its colorful homes and the production of hand-made lace. Our setting for a farewell dinner is a fabulous restaurant where we’ll experience a delightful array of Venetian specialties accompanied by Bellini and Prosecco.
Day 9 VENICE – VERONA – MILAN – COMO
After breakfast we leave Venice and head towards Romeo and Juliet’s town of Verona for a coffee stop. In the afternoon we reach the most cosmopolitan Italian city Milan. For the 2,500 years of its history Milan has always been an important center of power, wealth and commerce. Today it is the second largest city in Italy and is the country’s capital of finance, industry, design and fashion. In 2015 it was home to the Milano World Expo. Our walking tour will take us to La Scala Theater, the Piazza Mercanti, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele and the fabulous Duomo, the symbol of Milan and the fifth largest church on this planet. Begun in 1386, it took most of six centuries to complete. Our lodging for three nights are the shores of Lake Como and its pearl Bellagio. Our hotel is Hotel Belvedere 4* or similar.
Day 10 LAKE COMO
We start our day with a boat ride in central part of Lake Como to reach Varenna and Lenno, where on of the most prominent Como villas was built Villa del Balbianello. Villa del Balbianello is located right at the end of a wooded promontory. Thanks to its rugged geology, it has kept intact its extraordinary natural values, highlighting the lonely and romantic character of its buildings and garden. The afternoon is free to explore Lake Como on your own.
Day 11 LAKE COMO – LUGANO(CH) – LAKE MAGGIORE – LAKE COMO
Before reaching Lake Maggiore we make a coffee stop in Switzerland to see the shores of Lake Lugano. Afterwards we head to Lake Maggiore that has been a prominent tourist destination since the early 19th century. The graceful and stylish lakefront is lined with Art Nouveau hotels and fine villas and is lush with beautiful gardens. It overlooks the three Borromeo Islands that take their name from the family who has owned them since the 15th and 16th centuries. Isola Bella and Isola Madre were transformed by the introduction of lavish palaces and amazing landscaping while Isola dei Pescatori remains a picturesque fishing village of an earlier era. Our visit begins with a boat trip to Isola Bella where we’ll have a guided tour of the ornate palazzo that is full of surprises and includes the extensive Borromeo collection of precious art. Before our return to hotel enjoy a very special dinner on Island of Fisherman.
Day 12 LAKE COMO – MILAN AIRPORT
Today you will be transferred to Malpensa airport for your return flight home. (B)
Tour price in 4*or 5* hotels:
- 8500 euro/person for a group of two
- 6900 euro/person for a group of four
- 6000 euro/person for a group of six
- 5300 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement: 1000 euro
Tour price in 3*or 4* hotels:
- 7500 euro/person for a group of two
- 6000 euro/person for a group of four
- 5300 euro/person for a group of six
- 4900 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement: 750 euro
- – Transportation in luxury private mini-van with extra leg room
- – Licensed English speaking guide/driver while on the tour
- – Accomodation in 4star hotels based on double/twin occupancy
- – Entrance fees and reservations to skip the line in Vatican Museum, Colloseum, Roman Forum, Pompei excavation site, Academia in Florence, Villa Dell Balbianello and Isola Bella Palace.
- – Funiculare ride in Orvieto, Bird-cage ride in Gubbio, Venice private boat in and out, Burano public boat ride, Lake Como boat and Lake Maggiore boat.
- – Local guides for Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Roman Forum, Colloseum, Pompei, Isola Bella Palace and Academia.
- – All breakfasts, five dinners and one lunch.
- – Parking fees, permits and motorway tolls.
- – Basic insurance and organization.
- – Airport transfers Rome in and Milan out
- – Overnight city tax
- – Small private group travel, gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour.
- – Unique itineraries, all personally designed and experienced by us. Our itineraries unique experience of meeting, learning, discovering and understanding different cultures and a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten path where you’ll find few tourists.
- – All included – no optional excursions.
- – Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for private tour travel.
- – The best accomodation, most are 4 star or 5 star and located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- – The best small restaurants and farmhouses with carefully chosen menus and great wines – with every meal one drink included.
- – Exceptional native tour managers and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Seeing Italy with a native tour leaders is essential to an authentic experience!
- – Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 8am or 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- – Minimal Van/coach time – we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. We operate a maximum of just two luxury vans on each tour day and our objective is to ensure that we keep our service standards consistently high. On average we spend 3 hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible.