Great experience. Our guide, Bart, was a fountain of knowledge, professional and on time. So much better than driving ourselves. From Trieste we saw Rovinj and Grisignan one day and then Postojna Caves, the castle, Ljubljana and ending in Zagreb the next day. Bart knew a perfect viewing spot where we could see 3 countries (see photo). Custom private tour is the way to go. Would highly recommend their service.Neal, Rhode Island, USA
Croatia Tour Island Hopping 11days / 10nights
Croatia Tour Island Hopping 11days / 10nights
FROM ONLY3500 €
Over the past years many travellers have discovered the overwhelming beauty of the Croatian cost. For the difference of major tour operators, this tour concentrates on Croatian islands. You are going to visit Dalmatian main towns Dubrovnik and Split and will see all of the must see sights. But this tour wants to show you sights only the locals know, wants to bring you to places you will never forget and you will want to come back to. You´ll visit islands Korčula, Hvar, Pag, Rab, Krk. You´ll experience the Krka National Park. You´ll visit historic towns, scenic landscapes, all in the magic Mediterranean atmosphere and surrounded and immersed by its leisure lifestyle. Dalmatian coast lived and experienced differently.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group
- 6000 euro per person when two traveling
- 4700 euro per person when four traveling
- 4000 euro per person when six traveling
- 3500 euro per person when eight traveling
- Single room supplement 1000 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st are 10% discounted.
DAY 1 DUBROVNIK AIRPORT – DUBROVNIK – MALI STON – PELJEŠAC PENINSULA
Meet your guide on Dubrovnik airport to start Croatia tour. Continue to Dubrovnik for a visit and stroll on its majestic walls. Then drive north for about an hour to reach the Pelješac Peninsula, stop at the town of Mali Ston, known for its oyster farms. Visit to a farm and oyster tasting is going to be a fantastic welcome late lunch/dinner. Then continue the scenic drive into peninsula till the town of Orebic for two nights on the waterfront Hotel Indijan 4* or similar. (B,D)
DAY 2 OREBIČ – KORČULA – OREBIČ WINERY
This morning visit one of the most beautiful of over 1.000 Croatian islands, Korčula. Just a short ferry ride from Orebič you´ll reach the medieval town of Korčula, where Marco Polo, the Venetian adventurer is said to have been born. Guided tour of the town is going to be an eye- opener, your free time is going to be great fun. In the afternoon return to the main land for a visit to Pelješac winery for wine tasting with dinner. (B,D)
DAY 3 OREBIČ – DRVENIK – HVAR
Our Croatia tour takes us north this morning. We´ll cross the border with Bosnia and Hercegovina twice in order to come back to Croatia and continue to Drvenik to embark the ferry to island of Hvar, another of the top destination islands. Scenic drive on the island itself, that we´ll break with the visit to a local farm for wine tasting with local ham and cheese, will bring us to one of Croatian UNESCO sites, town of Hvar, for two nights. Your Hotel Amfora 4*or similar is next to the old town. Enjoy free evening in town today.(B)
DAY 4 HVAR
This morning our local guide will take you for a guided tour of Hvar. You will understand its history and see all of its most prominent sites, you´ll learn why the town is on UNESCO´s Heritage site list. Afternoon and evening is yours to swim, or leisurely explore the town on your own. (B)
DAY 5 HVAR – STARI GRAD – SPLIT – PRIMOŠTEN
You´ll see some more of the island today, heading to Stari Grad, the second largest town of the island, to embark the ferry to main land, to Split.
Upon arrival to Split our local guide will take you to a walking tour of the city. Its historic center is also on the UNESCO´s list, its major site is a palace of Diocletian, a Ancient Roman Emperor. Later in the afternoon leave the busy capital of Dalmatia for a short scenic drive north to a pleasant quiet town of Primošten for one overnight in Hotel Life 4*or similar. Your guide/driver will take you for an excellent dinner in a local restaurant. (B,D)
DAY 6 PRIMOŠTEN – KRKA WATERFALLS – ISLAND OF PAG
You will continue your journey further north along the coastline first, then inlands, to visit the Krka National Park, to visit its unique waterfalls and scenery. Time for great photos and/or swim and refresh in Krka river fresh waters. Then continue north and cross the bridge to the island of Pag. Mars like landscape will enchant you, drive to the town of Pag is going to be really something. Check in your Pag Hotel Boškinac 4* or similar for one night, Your dinner tonight is in your hotel. (B,D)
DAY 7 ISLAND OF PAG – ISLAND OF RAB
This morning explore the town of Pag, taste the cheese this island is famous for, enjoy the view of the oldest olive grove in the whole of Mediterranean. Then continue north on the scenic roads of island of Pag till Žigljen to embark the ferry to the main land. After just a short drive on the main land we´ll embark another ferry to the island of Rab. Later reach the town of Rab and check in your town Hotel Arbiana 4*or similar for two nights. Evening is free, to explore the lively evening atmosphere of the coastal town. (B)
DAY 8 ISLAND OF RAB
This morning join your guide for an orientation walk of the town, spend some time around the town or on the beach on your own, and enjoy the afternoon boat ride around the bay of Rab. Your evening is free to relax or explore further.(B)
DAY 9 RAB – SENJ – ISLAND OF KRK
Back to the main land this morning and travel further north on Croatia tour. Make a comfort/scenic stop at the town of Senj, to visit its impressive fortress Nehaj from 16th century. Then continue to the biggest Croatian island Krk, that is linked to the main land with an majestic bridge. Once on the island, you´ll drive across it to reach the town of Krk. You´ll check in for two nights in Hotel Gospoja 4* or similar and be taken for dinner to a nice local restaurant. As always, your guide will introduce you to the local cuisine and wines. (B,D)
DAY 10 BAŠKA – ISLAND OF KOŠLJUN – VRBNIK – KRK
Your guide will take you for a spectacular full day trip around the island. You´ll drive further to Baška, so your round trip will be complete. Then you´ll visit Punat, an village hidden in a small bay which hides an small island of Košljun, said to be the cradle of Croatian language. Than off to Vrbnik for wine tasting and late lunch. After that we´ll be ready to return for your free evening. (B,L)
DAY 11 KRK – AIRPORT
Sad but true, your Croatian tour Island hopping is over. You´ll be transferred to your desired airport. (B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to hotel from Dubrovnik airport on Day 1
- Rijeka/ Trieste/Ljubljana/Venice/Zagreb airport transfer out on Day 11
- 8 nights hotel accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking driver/guide while on the tour
- Local Guides in Hvar, Korčula and Split.
- Orientational guided walk of Dubrovnik, Ston, Primošten, Pag, Krka National park, Senj, Rab and Vrbnik.
- All ferries and boats fees on the tour
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners with drinks, 1 lunch with drinks,..
- Entrance fees to Diocletian Palace Cellars in Split and Krka National park.
- Organization, basic insurance and VAT.
- Explore Dubrovnik and its walls
- Experience the lunch on the oyster farm in Ston
- Have a coffee on Korčula Old town coastal promenade
- Visit island of Hvar and its wild lavander fields
- Walk the Diocletian´s Palace in Split with a local guide
- Enjoy real Dalmatian food in Primošten
- Hike Krka National Park and its lakes and waterfalls
- Scenic drive through Pag's lunar landscape
- Rab island beaches
- Enjoy a glass of local Nobile wine on Krk island
Croatia Island Hopping tour begins: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Transfer from Dubrovnik airport on Day 1
Croatia Island Hoping tour ends: Island Krk, Croatia
Transfer to Rijeka, Zagreb; Ljubljana, Trieste or Venice airport on Day 11
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.