Croatia tour 9 days / 8 nights
Croatia tour 9 days / 8 nights
FROM ONLY2800 €
Croatia the Mediteranian country of 4 milion people and very irregular shape is one of the world’s best destinations to discover. The highlight of Croatia is a spectacular 1100 mile long coastline on the Adriatic Sea with 1246 islands. Your Croatia tour starts inland Croatia in Zagreb, vibrant capital where you visit also its souroundings. On the way to the coastal town of Opatija stop at Plitvice Lakes National Park. Our walk along the trails of the splendid Plitvice Lakes National Park will display the wonder of a thousand waterfalls. Opatija your home for two nights makes a great home base to explore the Istrian peninsula. The Istrian Peninsula in the far north will charm you with character, abundance of Roman sights in Pula, picturesque coastal towns like Rovinj and hill top towns. Next two nights are reserved for Split where the Roman emperor Diocletian constructed an enormous 30,000 square meter palace in the early 4th century. Our local guide will take us through these remarkably well preserved ruins. At the end of the tour spent two nights at Dubrovnik, a one-time Mediterranean sea power called the Pearl of the Adriatic, your next favorite city on the coast.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group
- 4900 euro per person when two traveling
- 3700 euro per person when four traveling
- 3100 euro per person when six traveling
- 2800 euro per person when eight traveling
Single room supplement 750 euro
TOUR DATES: On request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st are 10% discounted.
DAY 1 ZAGREB AIRPORT – ZAGREB
Meet your guide at Zagreb Airport for a transfer to a centrally located Zagreb Hotel Palace or similar for two nights. Check-in, relax take some time for yourself after a long flight.
In the afternoon join your guide for an orientation walk in the historical center of Croatian capital city Zagreb followed by a welcome dinner.(D)
DAY 2 ZAGREB – KUMROVEC – ZAGREB
In the morning see more of this interesting town. The walking tour takes you to Zagreb Gradac, the upper town, and castle area, nowadays the political center of the city and the whole of the country. Continue to Dolac, a lesser town with a lively market area. Browse the stalls for some typical products, your guide/driver will have suggestions for your lunch.
In the afternoon take off for Kumrovec, the birthplace of a former Yugoslav president Tito. See the ethnographical open-air museum of this typical village on the Croatian – Slovenian border, and learn about the countries’ communist past. Enjoy some time for shopping and a stroll around, before returning to Zagreb. You´re free for dinner this evening.(B)
DAY 3 ZAGREB – PLITVICE LAKES – OPATIJA
Put your hiking shoes on this morning. You´ll travel south to see and explore the Croatian UNESCO site, Plitvice lakes. It is an outstanding natural phenomenon, a series of lakes on the river Korana. You´ll visit Upper and Lower lakes, walking through forests and parks. Your camera is going to be very busy. After free time for lunch in a typical local restaurant, you´ll continue to Opatija, a fashionable resort town from Austro-Hungarian times on the Adriatic coastline. Your hotel is Hotel Milenij or similar. (B)
DAY 4 OPATIJA – PULA – ROVINJ – GROŽNJAN – OPATIJA
You´ll spend a day exploring the peninsula of Istria, today. The journey takes you to its capital, Pula first. This town was a very important one in ancient Roman times already, hence all its ancient Roman remains including a very well preserved Amphitheatre. Then follow the West coast, to Rovinj, the pearl of the Adriatic. This ex island, now attached to the mainland is a town that witnesses the several centuries of attachment of Istria to glorious days of Venetian Republic. On the way back to Opatija you´ll take a road inland, across the rolling hills visiting the artist hilltop village, Grožnjan. You´ll be back to Opatija on time to enjoy its evening atmosphere and maybe dine in a seaside restaurant.(B)
DAY 5 OPATIJA – ZADAR – SPLIT
The scenery of the Croatian coastline is famous worldwide. Today, you are going to discover why. The winding road follows the coastline, offering views over the small inlets and islands, the hills beside add to dramatically beautiful and wild scenery. Our first stop today is Zadar, a historic fortified port town. Your driver/guide will take you for a short stroll through the town to see its highlights including the curious sculpture, the Sea Organ. After time for lunch, you´ll go further south along the coast for more scenic views and outstanding beauty. Our afternoon stop is in the town of Primošten, a center of Dalmatian winemaking. Then back to the road for the last leg to Split. Hotel Luxe or similar is going to be your home for the next two nights. The dinner in a nice local restaurant is on us, today.(B,D)
DAY 6 SPLIT
Nowadays Split is the largest city on the Dalmatian coast and its administrative, cultural, economic capital. Diocletian, the ancient Roman Emperor had his palace built here in 305a.D.; no wonder, he was born in the neighborhood, in the town of Salona, nowadays Solin. Its remains are now representing half of the city historic center. You´ll be dedicating this morning to discover all of the beauties of Split in the company of the local guide, and spend the afternoon and evening to relax on the beach or sipping wine in the sidewalk cafe.(B)
DAY 7 SPLIT – MAKARSKA – STON – DUBROVNIK
Today, we´re going further south for a special experience. On the way to Dubrovnik, we are going to stop at Ston, a historic town that occupies a strategic position on the Pelješac peninsula. Famous for its oyster farms, as it is, we can´t but take you to one and enjoy the oyster lunch. In the afternoon you´ll take a short walk on Ston´s historic walls to enjoy the views, and then off to Dubrovnik for the next two nights in Hotel Villa Argentina or similar.(B,L)
Day 8 DUBROVNIK
You´ll join a local guide for a walking tour of this amazing town, this morning. It will include Stradun and the famous majestic defensive walls. The afternoon is yours, to explore Dubrovnik on your own. In the evening your driver/guide, by now your friend, will take you to a memorable farewell dinner. Time to share your impressions about this trip over a glass of wine, and start to plan a new one.(B,D)
DAY 9 DUBROVNIK – DUBROVNIK AIRPORT
Sad, but true. Your Croatian tour is over, you´ll be transferred to the airport.(B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Zagreb hotel from Zagreb/Trieste/Ljubljana/Venice airport (other airports available for extra cost)
- Dubrovnik airport transfer out on Day 9
- 8 nights hotel accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking driver/guide while on the tour
- Local Guides in Zagreb,Split and Dubrovnik.
- Orientational guided walk of Kumrovec, Pula, Rovinj, Veliki Ston, Plitvice Lakes and Zadar.
- All breakfasts, 4 dinners with drinks, 1 lunch with drinks,..
- Entrance fees to Diocletian Palace Cellars in Split, Rector’s Palace in Dubrovnik, Pula Amphiteater, Dubrovnik walls, Ston Walls and Plitvice National park.
- Organization, basic insurance and VAT.
- Visit Zagreb central farmers market
- Visit Kumrovec, former Yugoslav president´s birthplace Tito and enter his birth house
- Hike Plitvice Lakes
- Have a coffee at the Opatija coastal promenade
- Visit Pula´s Amphitheatre
- Enjoy the view from hilltop town Grožnjan in Istria
- Listen to the Sea Organ in Zadar
- Walk the Diocletian´s Palace in Split with a local guide
- Experience the lunch on the oyster farm in Ston
- Explore Dubrovnik and its walls with a local guide
Croatia tour begins: Zagreb, Croatia
Transfer from Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb or Venice airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Croatia tour ends: Dubrovnik, croatia
Transfer to Dubrovnik airport on Day 9
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.