Best of Eastern Europe tour 12days/11nights
Best of Eastern Europe tour 12days/11nights
FROM ONLY3800 €
This tour covers quite vast area of Central Europe. You are going to visit 6 countries (Austria, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Germany, Poland, Hungary), 4 capital cities; switch between 4 currencies, try 5 different languages. Vienna, Prague, Dresden, Krakow and Budapest have been capital cities of larger or smaller Kingdoms or Empires on some stage durin its long and rich history, so you can just imagine the lavish architecture and richness of its Cathedrals and Museums. Beside, you are going to be amazed by the variety of the landscapes and beautiful natural sites, such as Cesky Krumlow. Nevertheless, you are going to be surprised, what a big changes, in terms of overall look and infrastructure ex socialist countries of Eastern Europe have gone through.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
- 6600 euro/person for a group of two
- 5100 euro/person for a group of four
- 4400 euro/person for a group of six
- 3800 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement 1100 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
Day 1 VIENNA AIRPORT-VIENNA
Your tour starts in Vienna, Imperial city, that rulled over most of what we nowadays call Central and Eastern Europe, for centuries. Meet your guide at the Schwechat Airport for the transfer to Vienna center, check in your hotel and after some time to relax start exploring the city voted best place to live in of the world. Tonight enjoy a welcome dinner in a local restaurant. Your Hotel Josefshof zum Rathaus 4* or similar for three nights is centraly located.(D)
Day 2 VIENNA
Most of Vienna´s present day charm is due to the long reign of the Habsburgs, so in the morning, start the day with the visit to Schonbrunn Palace and formal gardens in a company of an expert local guide. Then drive around the famous Ring road to see the Opera, Parliament, National Theathre, Hofburg Imperial Residence… The afternoon is at leisure. Tonight experience evening in the Opera.(B)
Day 3 VIENNA – BRATISLAVA – VIENNA
Full day excursion to Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, just an hour and a half away. Meet a local guide, who´s going to tell you about this old town, capital of the youngest country in Europe.
On the way back to Vienna, have early dinner in famous restaurant of Marchfelderhof in a village of Deutsch-Wagram.(B,D)
Day 4 VIENNA – DURNSTEIN – CESKY KRUMLOV
Say bye bye to Vienna, but not to it´s river Danube. Follow the river north to the town of Durnstein, where King Richard the Lionheart was held captive by Leopold, Duke of Austria. See the ruins of the Castle high above the river and stroll through the old town. Then continue to Czech Republic. Our first destination there is Cesky Krumlov, a fairytale vision from the Middle Ages, nestled amid a loop in the Vltava River.Your accomodation is old town panoramic Hotel Ruze 5* overlooking the river for one night.(B)
Day 5 CESKY KRUMLOV – PRAGUE
After breakfast, enjoy some more of Cesky Krumlov, wander through the cobblestone, traffic-free streets, past colourful houses that lead up to the finest castle in the land. In the early afternoon continue through Bohemian countryside to Golden Prague. Hotel At the Golden Scissors 4* located in the heart of the historical center of Prague just steps from the famous 14th century Charles Bridge or similar is your home base for two nights.(B)
Day 6 PRAGUE
Today start a day in a company of the local guide, who is going to take you through the 1000 years of the history of the castle complex and into the old town. The afternoon is at leisure. This evening your dinner is booked at the top Prague restaurant, Kampa, located by Vltava river in the Mala Strana part of the old town.(B,D)
Day 7 PRAGUE-DRESDEN-PRAGUE
This morning take a half day trip to a former East German town, Dresden.
Once a capital of mighty Kingdom of Saxony, then heavily bombed in WW II, all of its fabulous baroque buildings, including the Catedral and Royal castle have been recently rebuild. The town is now one of the mayor German tourist destinations. After the tour of the Old town and lunch break return to Prague. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening in this lively city.(B)
Day 8 PRAGUE – KRAKOW
Today, we´re up to the longest travelling day. Our destination is Krakow, Poland. We are going to enjoy the stunning Czech landscapes before crossing into Poland. Wanting, we can stop in Oswiecim, better known under its German name of Auschwitz, for a guided visit to the memorial and museum. Hotel Unicus Palace 5* or similar located by the old town for two nights. (B)
Day 9 KRAKOW
After breakfast meet the local guide, ascend the Wawel hill to visit the cathedral, walk past the Jagiellonian University,through the Old Town. Afternoon is at leisure. Tonight’s dinner will be accompanied by nostalgic Klezmer music, so much at home in Krakow.(B,D)
Day 10 KRAKOW – SALT MINES WIELICKA – BUDAPEST
Our direction is south, today. Just a few miles out of Krakow, in Wieliczka, there are 600 years old salt mines. Admire this glistening subterranean world, a maze of tunnels deep below the surface, witness unique salt sculptures, sunken lakes and even a glorious cathedral carved entirely out of rock salt by the miners themselves. Then continue south across the Tatra Mountains and the country of Slovakia to Hungary and its capital, Budapest.(B) Your accomodation for two nights in Budapest’s heart is Hotel Prestige 4*or similar. (B)
Day 11 BUDAPEST
Half day tour of the city with a local guide. See the Buda Castle area with St. Mathew´s church and Fisherman´s bastion, then down to Pest side and to the Market hall and Vaci street. Aftrnoon is at leisure. In the evening take a unforgetable cruise on the Danube through illuminated city. Your farewell dinner is booked at the Gundel´s , an institution among Budapest restaurants.(B,D)
Day 12 BUDAPEST-BUDAPEST AIRPORT
Your tour comes to end after breakfast. You´ll be transfered to Budapest airport. (B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Day 1 transfer to Vienna hotel from Vienna airport (other airports available for extra cost)
- Day 12 transfer from Budapest hotel to Budapest airport (other airports available for extra cost)
- 11 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- All breakfasts, 5 dinners with drinks ,...
- Local Guides in Vienna, Dresden, Bratislava, Prague, Krakow and Budapest.
- Entrance fees to Schonbrunn Palace, Wielicka salt mines, St. Mathias and Fishermans Bastion in Budapest and Danube cruise.
- Organization and basic insurance.
- Vienna Old Town and Schonbrunn Palace tour with local guide
- Bratislava Old Town orientation walk
- Cesky Krumlow visit
- Prague Castle and Old Town tour
- Dresden Old town visit and orientation walk
- Krakow Castle and Old town tour with the local guide
- Wielicska Salt Mines guided visit
- Budapest tour with Castle visit
- Budapest Danube cruise
Best of Eastern Europe tour begins: Vienna
Transfers from Vienna airport on Day 1
Other airports on request
Best of Eastern Europe tour ends: Budapest
Transfers to Budapest airport on Day 12
Other airports on request
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.