CROATIA DELIGHT TOUR 13days/12nights
CROATIA DELIGHT TOUR 13days/12nights
FROM ONLY4500 €
The highlight of Croatia is a spectacular 1100 mile long coastline on the Adriatic Sea with around 1200 islands. Breathtaking incredible natural beauty of of the Croatian cost provides the backdrop for the innumerable highlights of Croatia Delight tour. We will begin our explorations in the north in historical town of Poreč on the Istrian peninsula , where we visit also a local winery, Pula Roman Amphiteater and charming Rovinj. Later on our way south we stop at Plitvice Lakes and Krk island till we reach Split for two nights. After Split we head to Bosnia&Hercegovina where we’ll spend two days in fascinating Sarajevo and meet its the wonderful people. Leaving Sarajevo on the way to Dubrovnik, we’ll visit Mostar Old bridge, Pelješac peninsula and Korčula island. Tour ends for three nights in magnificent Dubrovnik wheere you’ll visit also nerby country of Montenegro.
Price: 4500 euro
SMALL GROUP TOURS max 12
TOUR DATES 2022:
- 2022 JUNE 12th-24th Available
- 2022 OCT 16th-28st Available
Other dates available on request.
Day 1 TRIESTE/LJUBLJANA/PULA/VENICE AIRPORT- POREČ
Meet your guide at Trieste/Ljubljana/Pula or Venice Airport for a transfer to Hotel Mauro 4*or similar in Poreč for three nights. Check-in, relax take some time for yourself after a long flight.
In the afternoon join your guide for an orientation walk in the historical center followed by a welcome dinner and aperitif. (D)
Day 2 POREČ- ISTRIA COUNTRYSIDE-POREČ
The historical highlight of Poreč UNESCO site, the 6th Century Basilica of Euphrasius, beautifully ornamented with Byzantine mosaics, is the first stop on our morning guided visit today.
Free time for lunch.
In the afternoon we will have a fantastic tour of Istrian countryside with a winery visit, hill-top towns and a typical Istrian cousine dinner with local specialities like truffles.(B,D)
Day 3 POREČ-PULA-ROVINJ-POREČ
Pula is the chief town of the region of Istria situated in the southern end of the peninsula. A guided walking tour with a local expert will show you abundance of ancient Roman architecture, the main feature being the well-preserved and dominating Roman amphitheater right in the middle of the city, Afterwards drive to Rovinj- the Pearl of the Adriatic a charming old town with cobblestone streets and picture perfect waterfront setting.
Back to hotel. Free evening. (B)
Day 4 POREČ-OPATIJA-KRK ISLAND-PLITVICE LAKES
Croatia offers one of the world’s most beautiful coastlines with numerous islands.
Enjoy the morning drive from west coast to east coast of Istria and coffee stop in charming coastal town of Opatija. Then continue to the biggest Croatian island Krk, that is linked to the main land with a majestic bridge and visit Soline, Krk town and Vrbnik where you can try local Nobile wine.
Later you’ll be transferd to the Plitvice Lakes, Croatia’s most popular attraction at the Hotel Degenija 4* or similar for one night. Included dinner. (B,D)
Day 5 PLITVICE LAKES-SPLIT
Plitvice lakes are the world’s natural heritage site that has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979. The beauty of the National Park of Plitvice lakes lies in its sixteen lakes, inter-connected by a series of waterfalls, and set in deep woodland populated with different animal species.
Visit includes both parts the Lower and the Upper lakes. Your tour starts with a visit of the 260 feet high Great Waterfall, then an hour and a half walk in the Lower lakes, a lunch stop and a boat ride across the biggest lake. After lunch continue walking for another hour and a half in the Upper part of the Lakes. Our visit will end with a scenic train ride.
Later transfer to the city of Split on the Adriatic Sea. We’ll be staying two nights at Hotel Luxe 4* or similar, just a few minutes walk to the historic district. Included dinner at a local restaurants. (B,D)
DAY 6 SPLIT
Nowadays Split is the largest city on the Dalmatian coast and its administrative, cultural, economic capital. Diocletian, the ancient Roman Emperor had his palace built here in 305a.D.; no wonder, he was born in the neighborhood, in the town of Salona, nowadays Solin. Its remains are now representing half of the city historic center. You´ll be dedicating this morning to discover all of the beauties of Split in the company of the local guide, and spend the afternoon and evening to relax on the beach or sipping wine in the sidewalk cafe.(B)
DAY 7 SPLIT-MOSTAR-SARAJEVO
Departure Split this morning and head to Bosnia and Hercegovina.
First stop this morning is Mostar. Mostar is the main city of the southern part of Bosnia-Herzegovina, on the banks of the Neretva river. Under the Ottoman Empire, Mostar became an important trading hub, where Jews, Christians and Muslims traded and lived side by side. The result was that Mostar became a melting pot of cultures and nationalities. The centerpiece of Mostar is the Old Bridge, commissioned by the Sultan Süleyman the Magnificent in the 16th century. Destroyed during the war in 1993 the bridge was rebuilt using the original materials and reopened in 2004. Discover all this and more on a guided visit of old town Mostar which includes also visit to the Bosnian house and Mosque.
Time for lunch on your own at one of the many riverside restaurants and free time. Later transfer to Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a meeting point of East and West, multi-cultural and multi religious. It’s a colorful town full of coffee houses, restaurants and shops, a gracious and congenial people that defy expectation, where we’ll spend two nights at centrally located Hotel President 4*, situated next to Baščaršija bazaar district. Dinner in a local restaurant to try authentic Bosnian cousine. (B,D)
Day 8 SARAJEVO
Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, is a junction point of East and West, multi-cultural and multi religious. It’s a colourful town full of coffee houses, restaurants and shops, a gracious and congenial people that defy expectations. Our morning begins with a local guide tour of the city and Tunnel of Hope area.
A very special evening and dinner hosted by local Bosnian families.(B,D)
Day 9 SARAJEVO-STON-OREBIČ
After leaving Sarajevo we’ll cross the border into Croatia and transfer to the village of Ston.
We’ll walk a section of The Great Wall of Croatia, the longest fortress system in Europe in Veliki Ston.
Later you’ll be transfered to mali Ston for a boat excursion on the bay where we’ll visit an oyster farm, harvest some oysters and enjoy them as an starter to our included lunch and wines on board.
Transfer to Orebić on the Pelješac Peninsula waterfront where we’ll stay two nights at the Hotel Indijan 4* or similar. Evening on your own to wander this small seaside village and enjoy dining at one of many restaurants. (B,L)
Day 10 OREBIČ-KORČULA-OREBIČ
A short ferry ride will take us to Korčula, one of the best preserved medieval towns of the Mediterranean. It’s long past includes Illyrians, Greeks, Romans and Venetians. After our guided tour you’ll have time to explore the narrow lanes and visit the house of Marco Polo.
Late afternoon a visit to local Pelješac winery for a taste of their wines and an dinner. (B,D)
Day 11 OREBIČ-DUBROVNIK
This morning transfer to fabulous Dubrovnik, the pearl of the Adriatic, where we’ll spend two nights at the Grand Hotel Villa Argentina 5* or similar. After the arrival you´ll join a local guide for a walking tour of this amazing town, It will include Stradun and the famous majestic defensive walls. The afternoon is yours, to explore Dubrovnik on your own.
In the evening leave for a memorable dinner inside the walled city.(B,D)
Day 12 DUBROVNIK-MONTENEGRO-DUBROVNIK
Leave Dubrovnik this morning to explore Montenegro.
A photo stop first in Perast-Our lady of The Rock island and Kotor to explore and enjoy this unique coastal town. It belonged to Venetian Republic for over 300 years, many fortifications and other buildings are still there; the main reason Kotor is on UNESCO´s World Heritage sight list.
Montenegro was an independent principality and then a kingdom between 1696 and 1918. The village where its ruling dynasty is coming from, and Mount Lovčen, where the mausoleum of Petar
Petrovič Njegoš, the most famous Montenegro prince and poet is buried, is our next adventure. Steep country road will take us to the mountains just above the town to visit these two places so important for the Montenegro´s history and culture.
We´ll return to Dubrovnik in the afternoon. Farewell dinner in the evening. (B,D)
Day 13 DUBROVNIK-DUBROVNIK AIRPORT
Sad but true, your tour is over, your driver will take you to Dubrovnik airport at your desired time. (B)
Towns and places
- Krk island
- Plitvice Lakes
- Mali Ston
- Veliki Ston
- Pelješac Peninsula
- Transportation in luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Poreč hotel from Trieste/Ljubljana/Pula or Venice Airport airport on day 1
- Transfer to Dubrovnik airport from hotel on day 13
- 12 nights hotel accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide while on the tour
- Local Guides for walking tour in Poreč, Pula, Split, Sarajevo, Mostar, Korčula and Dubrovnik
- All breakfasts, 9 dinners with drinks, 1 lunch with drinks, 2 winnery visits,...
- Entrance fees to War Tunnel Museum Sarajevo, Turkish House Mostar, Dubrovnik Walls, Rector’s Palace Museum Dubrovnik, The Great Wall of Croatia at Ston, Mali Ston Oyster Boat Trip, Diocletian’s Palace Split, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Basilica Euphrasian Poreč and Amphitheater in Pula
- Organization, basic insurance and VAT.
- Visit Poreč Basilica Unesco site with local guide
- Take a photo of Rovinj- The Pearl of the Adriatic
- Hike Plitvice Lakes
- Have a coffee at the Opatija coastal promenade
- Visit Pula´s Amphitheatre
- Enjoy the view from hilltop town Grožnjan in Istria
- Walk the Diocletian´s Palace in Split with a local guide
- shop at Sarajevo Old Bazzar Baščaršija
- Experience the lunch on the oyster farm in Ston
- stroll the seaside promenade of Korčula
- Explore Dubrovnik and its walls with a local guide
- explore mysterious Montenegro
Croatia Delight tour begins: Poreč, Croatia
Transfer from Ljubljana, Trieste, Pula or Venice airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Croatia Delight tour ends: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Transfer to Dubrovnik airport on Day 13
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.