Highlights of Italy tour 12 days / 11 nights
Highlights of Italy tour 12 days / 11 nights
FROM ONLY7100 €
12 days Tour of Italy showcases all the must see places, but also a lot of out of the beaten path sights where a few tourists go. Tour begins with a visit to incredible Rome-the eternal city where you visit all the major sights. Heading south after we visit incredible Pompeii and spend a night on the unforgettable Amalfi Coast in a charming Ravello.
Heading north on the way to Tuscany we’ll visit magnificent Orvieto, perched on a 300 meters high cliff of tufa rock. The incredible beauty of hill towns provide the backdrop for the innumerable highlights of this trip Florence with David statue, Siena and San Gimigniano.
On the way to Venice you’lll be amaized by San Marino views. Venice itinerary begins with two nights in the world’s most famous lagoon. We’ll explore the city, the island of Burano and cruise down the Grand Canal.
At the end of the tour we’ll drive west to romantic Verona with its first century Roman Arena to reach Lake Como. Fabulous lake view rooms in Bellagio with visits to Villa del Balbianello spotlight our time on Lake Como, before ending the tour on Lake Maggiore and Borromeo Palace visit on Isola Bella.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
- 12.100 euro/person for a group of two
- 9600 euro/person for a group of four
- 8100 euro/person for a group of six
- 7100 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement: 1400 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
Day 1 ROME
Arrival Rome airport where you will meet your guide/driver and transfered to Rome elegent centraly located Hotel Luxe Rose Garden 4* or similar for two nights. Tonight we explore the highlights of the Eternal city of Rome with Illuminations drive and stops at Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Navona Square and Pantheon. Later enjoy a welcome dinner in a local restaurant. (D)
Day 2 ROME
We start our day with a guided visit of the Vatican Museum, St. Peters basilica and the Sistine Chapel to explore Christian Rome. After the lunch break our guide will reveal the story behind the Colloseum with Roman Forum in a walking guided tour.The rest of the day is free to explore Rome on your own.(B)
Day 3 ROME – POMPEI – SORRENTO – POSITANO – RAVELLO
One of the highlights of the trip is the visit to the Bay of Neapels area. First a trip back in time with a local guide to discover the Ancient town of Pompei. Afterwards we visit the most stunning Italian cost and have lunch in Sorrento and coffee in Positano on the breathtaking Amalfi drive.The day ends in breathtaking Ravello. Your hotel on the Amalfi coast is clif-hanging Villa Piedimonte 4* or similar in Ravello.(B)
Day 4 ROME – ORVIETO – SIENA – SAN GIMIGNIANO
After breakfast we drive to central Italy. Before reaching Tuscany we stop at an Umbrian hill-top town of Orvieto and ultimate renesance town of Siena. Our loodging is hill-top town of San Gimigniano Hotel Cisterna 4* or similar in the heart of Tuscany for two nights.(B)
Day 5 SAN GIMIGNIANO – FLORENCE – SAN GIMIGNIANO
Today enjoy a full day visit to the city of Florence. Our program will include a visit to Academia to see original David by Michelangelo, a guided visit of the historical district and a lot of free time to explore Florence on your own and great day for shopping. This evening enjoy a real Tuscany gastronomic dinner with Fiorentina steak.(B,D)
Day 6 SAN GIMIGNIANO – GUBBIO – SAN MARINO
Our tour today will take as to one of the best preserved mediaval towns of Italy Gubbio where we’ll ride the funivia (bird-cage lift) to the top of the mountain to enjoy the views and see the Basilica of Saint Ubaldo, whose 900 year old remains are still on display. Afterwards drive to Republic of San Marino. Our lodging is GH San Marino 4* or similar for one night with stunning views.(B,D)
Day 7 SAN MARINO – SAVIGNIANO SUL RUBICONE – VENICE
The die has been thrown said Julius Cezar, when he croosed with his troops the Rubicone river in 49BC. We’lll try to find the river in Savignano sul Rubicone on a real adventure. Later the road will take us to Venice, where we change our vehicle for a boat for two nights. Our hotel Splendide 4* or similar for two nights is just of St.Mark’s square. (B)
Day 8 VENICE
A full day in incomparable Venice! We will begin with orientational walk of St. Mark’s Square, where you will find the Doge’s Palace and the Basilica, the power and soul of the 1000 year maritime republic. Visit of Glass blowing factory. And after time on your own to get lost in the maze of Venetian alleys we’ll board a boat for an exploration of the Venetian Lagoon. Our stop is the island of Burano, known for its colorful homes and the production of hand-made lace. Our setting for the dinner is a fabulous restaurant where we’ll experience a delightful array of Venetian specialties accompanied by Bellini and Prosecco. (B,D)
Day 9 VENICE – VERONA – MILAN – COMO
After breakfast we leave Venice and head towards Romeo and Juliet’s town of Verona for a coffee stop. In the afternoon we reach the most cosmopolitan Italian city Milan. For the 2,500 years of its history Milan has always been an important center of power, wealth and commerce. Today it is the second largest city in Italy and is the country’s capital of finance, industry, design and fashion. In 2015 it was home to the Milano World Expo. Our walking tour will take us to La Scala Theater, the Piazza Mercanti, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele and the fabulous Duomo, the symbol of Milan and the fifth largest church on this planet. Begun in 1386, it took most of six centuries to complete. Our lodging for three nights are the shores of Lake Como and its pearl Bellagio. Our hotel is Hotel Florence Bellagio or similar for two nights.(B)
Day 10 LAKE COMO
We start our day with a boat ride in central part of Lake Como to reach Varenna and Lenno, where on of the most prominent Como villas was built Villa del Balbianello. Villa del Balbianello is located right at the end of a wooded promontory. Thanks to its rugged geology, it has kept intact its extraordinary natural values, highlighting the lonely and romantic character of its buildings and garden. The afternoon is free to explore Lake Como on your own.(B)
Day 11 LAKE COMO – LAKE MAGGIORE
After breakfast departure to Lake Maggiore that has been a prominent tourist destination since the early 19th century. The graceful and stylish lakefront is lined with Art Nouveau hotels and fine villas and is lush with beautiful gardens. It overlooks the three Borromeo Islands that take their name from the family who has owned them since the 15th and 16th centuries. Isola Bella and Isola Madre were transformed by the introduction of lavish palaces and amazing landscaping while Isola dei Pescatori remains a picturesque fishing village of an earlier era. Our visit begins with a boat trip to Isola Bella where we’ll have a guided tour of the ornate palazzo that is full of surprises and includes the extensive Borromeo collection of precious art. Overnight in waterfront GH Dino 5* or similar for one night. Before our return home enjoy a very special farawell dinner on Island of Fisherman.(B,D)
Day 12 LAKE MAGGIORE – MILAN AIRPORT
Today you will be transferred to Malpensa airport for your return flight home. (B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Rome hotel from Rome airport on Day 1 (other airports available for extra cost)
- Transfer from Lake Maggiore hotel to Malpensa airport on Day 12 (other airports available for extra cost)
- 11 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- Entrance fees and reservations to skip the line in Vatican Museum, Colloseum, Roman Forum, Pompei excavation site, Academia in Florence, Villa Dell Balbianello and Isola Bella Palace.
- Funiculare ride in Orvieto, Bird-cage ride in Gubbio, Venice private boat in and out, Burano public boat ride, Lake Como boat and Lake Maggiore boat.
- Local guides for Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Roman Forum, Colloseum, Pompei, Isola Bella Palace and Florence Academia gallery.
- All breakfasts, five dinners with drinks,...
- Parking fees, permits and motorway tolls.
- Basic insurance, Vat and organization.
- Overnight city tax
- Guided private walking tour of Rome highlights, Vatican Museum&Sisitine Chapel, Colloseum and Roman Forum with skip the line tickets.
- Pompei excavation with local guide
- Sorrento peninsula scenic drive and photo stop
- Amalfi drive and Positano coffe stop
- Orvieto old town and Umbrian countryside
- Siena Piazza Campo coffee stop
- San Gimigniano towers
- Florence walking tour with local guide and Academia with Michelangelo Statue of David visit
- Gubbio birdcage ride
- San Marino stunning views
- Venice UNESCO town
- Verona Juliet's Balcony
- Milan's Duomo
- Lake Como villa's
- Isola Bella boat ride and Boromeo Palace guided private tour
Italy Tour begins: Rome, Italy
Transfers from Rome airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Italy tour ends: Milan, Italy
Transfers to Milan Malpensa airport on Day 12
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where locals eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer- Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.