Vienna to Venice tour 13days/12nights
Vienna to Venice tour 13days/12nights
FROM ONLY3500 €
Covering four countries ( Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy ) this is a tour offering insight to part of Central Europe strached between Alps and Adriatic. Historicaly these was an area where Germanic, Slavic and Latin influences were fighting for predominance, and where nations were used to live one beside the other. For about half a century even under the same Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria, who also had a train network extended in order to conect Vienna and beloved Venice, which he visited a few times while part of his vast Empire.
The tour starts in Vienna crosses Slovenia, touching all of its most important sites like Bled, Ljubljana, Brda wine region and Postojna Caves. Croatian part takes in spectacular Plitvice lakes, a UNESCO site and charming seaside resort Opatija. A former fourth largest town in Austrian Empire and its largest port, Trieste, is a town Italian classic tour would not take in. Seeing it, so interesting and beautiful, will make you wonder why. Ending up in amazing, unique Venice gives you the chance to extend your holiday there or take advantage of its really well conected airport or train station.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
6700 euro per person. for a group of two
5200 euro per person. for a group of four
4100 euro per person. for a group of six
3500 euro per person. for a group of eight
Single room suppliment 800 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
Day 1 VIENNA AIRPORT-VIENNA
Start your tour at Vienna airport where you meet your guide and you will be transfered to Vienna hotel. Your loodging for two nights is Hotel Josefshof Wien am Rathaus 4* or similar situated just minutes walking from old town. Afterwards enjoy a stroll through the old town and a welcome dinner in a local restaurant.(D)
Day 2 VIENNA
We start a day with a guided tour of the Imperial city Vienna capital of Austria which used to be one of the most influential and important towns in Europe for centuries. Our guided tour takes you to Imperial court Hofburg, towards St.Stephens cathedral on famous Graben street and continue towards Opera House. On the way you will admire many famous sites and places of interest. The rest of the day is leisure time for you to enjoy the Austrian capital. You can have an original Viennese Melange accompanied by apple pie, Sacher cake or Guglhupf in a typical and very traditional old Vienna Kaffeehaus or just shop.(B)
Day 3 VIENNA-GORNJA RADGONA-LJUBLJANA
This morning drive to Slovenia to Frangeš Sparkling wines cellar for an unforgettable experiance. The visit of the wine cellar and the estate will include sparkling wine sampling and light lunch. Late afternoon arrival to Slovenian capital Ljubljana for three nights. Your accomodation is Hotel Urban 4* or similar located in Ljubljana city center.(B,L)
Day 4 LJUBLJANA
One of the highlights of the tour is the sparkling capital city of Slovenia, Ljubljana. Ljubljana has the most beautiful historic center, contained within a sprawling pedestrian zone that flanks both sides of the willow-lined Ljubljanica River, with animated cafés and restaurants, magnificent Baroque buildings and bridges. Guide will walk us through the old town, highlighted by the works of Slovenia’s greatest architect, Joze Plecnik, the outdoor markets and historic palaces. Plenty of free time also to enjoy and explore Ljubljana on your own. Tonight enjoy a typical dinner in a local restaurant.(B,D)
Day 5 LJUBLJANA-LAKE BLED-RADOVLJICA-LJUBLJANA
Surrounded by high mountains, a dramatically placed 11th century cliff side castle and its tiny island with 99 steps leading up to the exquisite Church of the Assumption, the Lake Bled presents a fairy tale setting like no other. We’ll explore the 1000 year old town of Bled and visit Villa Bled (Tito’s Villa) to ponder Socialist realism murals and mosaics. Later we boat ride to Bled island where you’ll discover to what purpose grooms attempt to carry their brides up the steps. Later a Slovenian dinner will be served in a typical restaurant in Radovljica, the best preserved medieval town of Slovenia.(B,D)
Day 6 LJUBLJANA-BELA KRAJINA-METLIKA
This morning explore off the beaten path part of Slovenia in a region called Bela krajina. Bela Krajina with its vineyards in the heart of the vibrant countryside, the embrace of white birch trees and the call of the intact river Kolpa is a perfect place where you can forget your daily worries and just relax. We’ll tour a ˝zidanica˝ that sits on the border near Croatia and have lunch with a taste of their wines. Tonight’s Hotel Bela Krajina 3* or similar is in a charming town of Metlika. (B,L)
Day 7 METLIKA-PLITVICE LAKES-OPATIJA
Plitvice Lakes National Park is a phenomenon of Karst hydrography comprised of beautiful lakes, magnificent waterfalls, caves, virgin forests of beech and fir and hosting numerous species of orchids, butterflies, birds and bats as well as bears, boar, wolves and owls. Our visit will include a train ride to the upper lakes, an hour and a half walk down to the middle lakes, a boat ride across the biggest lake, lunch, then another walk to the lower lakes and the Great Waterfall which tumbles down 256 feet into the Sastavci Hollow. Late afternoon arrival in Croatian Seaside resort of Opatija for two nights in GH 4 Opatijska cvijeta 4* or similar. Dinner in a local restuarant.(B,D)
Day 8 OPATIJA-ROVINJ-ISTRIA-GROŽNJAN-OPATIJA
Start a wonderful day out by exploring the perfect postcard photo town along the splendid Istrian coast Rovinj – The Pearl of the Adriatic. Our guide will walk you through the town of Rovinj; a city of romance and art. It’s architecture reminds us it was part of Venetian Republic for over 400 years. Then head to inland Istria. Our next stop will be the charming little Art colony town of Grožnjan, a must see destination when in Istria. Groznjan is among the best preserved Istrian medieval towns and is also known as the »town of artists«.(B)
Day 9 OPATIJA-POSTOJNSKA JAMA-PREDJAMA CASTLE-PIRAN
This morning drive back to Slovenia to a Karst plateau where you can find one of the world most famous attractions, the Postojna caves. If there is something not to be missed in Slovenia definitely those are the Postojna caves. Enter the best known cave in the world with numerous tunnels, passages,galieries, stalactite and stalagmite formations that offer a unique experience of the underground world. The visit is partly on electric train and partly walking, easy and fun.
A few miles away you can find one of the most scenic castles in the world, the Predjama castle. Nesting on a vertical cliff it enjoys a striking setting and with numerous legends linked with the castle it makes a perfect photo stop.We’ll have lunch in local restaurant. Our home base for the next two days is the charming coastal town of Piran Hotel Piran 4* or similar is right on the waterfront.(B,L)
Day 10 PIRAN-TRIESTE-PIRAN
Morning at leisure in Piran. Afternoon departure to one of Italy’s most impressive cities, the melting pot of different cultures, nations and religions, spectacular Trieste. Our orientation walk will cover its historic center, the elegant seafront and Italy’s largest square overlooking the sea, Piazza Unità d’Italia. Trieste makes a perfect stop for italian gelato or real Illy coffee.Tonight enjoy a seafood dinner in a restaurant on a waterfront promenade in Piran.(B,D)
Day 11 PIRAN-COLIO/BRDA-VENICE
A fairy tale landscape, nested halfway between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea, with abundance of beauties, attractions and experiences is slovenian region of Brda. Brda region is known for excelent wines and hospitality of the people. Today enjoy a very special wine tasting experience of Slovenian premium wines and wineparing lunch. Late afternoon arrival in Venice for two nights. Your Hotel Gorizia A la Valigia 3* or similar is situated just a few minutes walk from St.Mark’s square.(B,L)
Day 12 VENICE
Experience the magical city of Venice, its atmosphere of mystery and exotic romance, picturesque canals, famous art and architecture, and intricately interwoven past and present on a guided walking tour. See the famous San Mark´s Square and Grand Canal, learn about the past and the future of Venice, admire great Venetian art and cross the Rialto Bridge. The rest of the day is yours to explore Venice on your own. Delicious Venetian Farawell dinner is in a local restaurant we hand picked for you.(B,D)
Day 13 VENICE-VENICE AIRPORT
After breakfast you will be transfered to Venice airport for your return flight home. If you wish to continue your holidays in Slovenia or Istria, we’ll transfer you to your desired destination. (B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Day 1 transfer to Vienna hotel from Vienna airport (other airports available for extra cost)
- Day 13 transfer from Venice hotel to Venice airport (other airports available for extra cost)
- 12 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in 3 or 4 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners, 2 wine tastings,…
- Local Guide in Vienna and Postojna Caves. Guiding and orientational walk in Ljubljana, Bled, Plitvice Lakes, Pula, Piran, Rovinj and Venice.
- Ljubljana walking tour
- Entrance fees to Plitvice Lakes National park, Pletna Boat Ride on Lake Bled, Postojna caves&Predjama castle, Venice boat ride In/Out and Ljubljana funiculare.
- Organization, VAT and Basic insurance.
- Vienna Old town and Schonbrunn Palace walking tour with expert local guide
- Gornja Radgona Wine tasting
- Guided walking tour of Ljubljana Old Town with Triple Bridge
- Lake Bled Pletna boat ride
- Radovljica Old town visit
- Bela Krajina off the beaten path scenic drive and visit
- Plitvice Lakes hike
- Opatija Promenade stroll
- Rovinj pearl of the Adriatic visit
- Grožnjan Hill-top town visit and Istrian countyside scenic drive
- Postojna Cave visit and train ride
- See the cliff-hanging Predjama Castle
- Watch Piran Sunset
- Trieste Old town visit
- Attend the wine tasting in Brda
- Venice visit
Vienna to venice tour begins: Vienna
Transfers from Vienna airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Vienna to Venice tour ends: Venice
Transfers to Venice airport on day 13
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries- Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.