Alps to Adriatic tour 12days/11nights
Alps to Adriatic tour 12days/11nights
ŽE OD3900 €
This tour takes you to the less visited areas of the Alps and Adriatic. Is the area where Germanic, Latin and Slavic population were living and still live together, mixed up or as neighbors. They never fought among themselves, unless pulled in by bigger empires, that rulled these lands for many centuries in the past. There are traces of their neighbors language in all of the local dialects. It is a specific part of Central Europe, the crossroads of Cultures and languages, rich in history.
From Prosecco region to Dolomites, from Carintia to Julian Alps, from Slovene lake district to its beautifull Capital, Ljubljana. From Friuli to Colio/Brda wine region to Karst, from Croatian island to Istria you are going to be amazed with the variety of the landscapes, architecture, variety and richness of its food and its wine.
This tour is a true insight of the three main peoples sharing the love for their common territory in the heart of Europe.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
- 7500 euro/person for a group of two
- 5900 euro/person for a group of four
- 4900 euro/person for a group of six
- 3900 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement: 900 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
DAY 1 VENICE AIRPORT – PROSECCO REGION
Upon arrival to Venice or Trieste airport you’ll be met by your guide and transferred to Prosecco Region for two nights. After your check in to hotel Villa Abazzia 5* in Follina or similar you’ll enjoy your welcome dinner with wine. (D)
DAY 2 PROSECCO REGION
Spend a day exploring Prosecco region, it’s beautiful scenic roads and vineries. Panoramic drive Cartizze will bring you to the first winery for the cellar tour and winetasting. After a lunch stop at Valdobiadene continue to the second winery and check out their wines , as well.
In late afternoon return to your hotel, the rest of the day and evening is yours. Enjoy the facilities of your hotel, your dinner is on you this evening.(B)
DAY 3 PROSECCO REGION – DOLOMITES MOUNTAINS
You will wake up just an hour away from the majestic Dolomites, part of the Alps. Scenic journey will bring you to the exclusive Alpine resort of Cortina, the venue of next Winter Olympics that will make Cortina only second place that hosted Winter Olympics twice. After a stroll and time for lunch there continue to Misurina lake another picture perfect locality in already beautiful Dolomites. Stroll around the lake, take some photos of Tre Cime di Lavaredo, browse for some souvenirs and continue north towards Dobiacco for one overnight at hotel Orso Grigio 4*or similar. Check in followed by delicious dinner in the local restaurant. (B,D)
DAY 4 DOBIACCO – LIENZ – KLAGENFURT – BURGHOCHOSTERWITZ CASTLE – KRANJSKA GORA
You are going to cover three countries today. Your journey starts in Italian Dobiacco, takes you into Austria and later into Slovenia. All within 200 kilometers and no border controls. Alpine region offers endless beauty, sites, villages, towns and mountain peaks. Our coffe stop is going to be a picturesque town of Lienz, we’ ll continue to Burghochosterwitz Castle, one of the most impressive medieval castles of Austria with rich history and museum. Later we’ ll be headed south, cross the border with Slovenia and end up our journey in Kranjska Gora, the exclusive ski and hiking Alpine resort. This friendly town offers all kind of restaurants with typical Slovene and international cousine, so your dinner is on you this evening.We are going to be the guests of hotel Boutique Skipass 4* or similar for two nights. (B)
DAY 5 KRANJSKA GORA – LAKE BLED – LJUBLJANA – KRANJSKA GORA
We are going to spend the day in Slovenia, visiting two iconic places. Beautiful and world famous Lake Bled and its Capital city, Ljubljana.
Your guide/driver will drive around the lake stopping at the best picture stops, you’ll have the time for coffee and famous Bled cake. Then continue to Ljubljana, lovely Capital city of one of the smallest countries of Europe. Its charming pedestrian area along the river has enchanted many visitors from all over the world, it will leave you speechless, as well.
Your guide will take you for the orientation walk an give you the history and curiosities of the town, then you’ll have time to explore it on your own.
Upon return to Kranjska Gora we’ll take you for a typical Slovenian dinner.(B,D)
DAY 6 KRANJSKA GORA – VRSIC PASS – BOVEC – KOBARID – UDINE
We’ll hit the mountains again. Vrsic pass is the highest road mountain pass in Slovenia. It will take you south, towards the emerald Soca river valley. Scenery is just fantastic; we’ll be doing several short breathtaking stops. One of them is going to be in the town of Bovec, but then we’ll going to continue to Kobarid, to visit the award winning Museum of WW I. Austrians on one side and Italians on the other had fought on this front line for years. Ernest Hemingway, partly witnessed all this by himself, dedicated one of his major works, a Farewell to Arms, to this area.
Following the visit to WW I museum in Kobarid we’ll continue to Italy, to the Capital of Friuli region, Udine for two nights in Hotel Astoria 4* or similar.(B)
DAY 7 UDINE – CIVIDALE – COLIO/BRDA WINE REGION – UDINE
Start the day with a walking tour of the historic center of Udine and the visit to Tiepolo museum. This Venice born painter, from 18th century worked a lot in Germany and Spain, decorated the throne room in Royal Palace in Madrid, as well. Some of his major works are kept in Udine museum.
Then we’ll head of to Cividale, a town established by Julius Cesar that later became the Longobard capital city. Nowadays charming medieval little town attracts visitors from all over; its major site being the Devil’s bridge over the Natisone river. After some time for lunch we’ll continue to Colio/Brda wine region partly on Italian, partly on Slovenian side of the border. In one of the renowned wineries we’ll enjoy the typical dinner with wine paring.(B,D)
DAY 8 UDINE – POSTOJNA CAVES – PREDJAMA CASTLE – OPATIJA
It’s another three countries day today. In the morning we’ll make our way to Slovenia, to see two of its major attractions, Postojna Caves, a magnificent underground world and Predjama Castle, according to National Geographic among top 10 castles of Europe. Later we’ll continue to Opatija in Croatia, a pearl of the Adriatic, for over 100 years an exclusive beach resort. Hotel Milenij 5*or similar will be our Croatian home for two nights. Enjoy your free evening.(B)
DAY 9 OPATIJA – ISLAND OF KRK – OPATIJA
In the morning enjoy some leisure time on the beach or beside the pool. If you’re going to feel more like active, take a hike along Franz Joseph seaside promenade.
In the afternoon take a half day trip to Island of Krk, the biggest of over 1000 Croatian islands, linked to the main land by the spectacular bridge. Have a scenic drive, visit the town of Vrbnik, enjoy a seafood dinner there and return to Opatija.(B,D)
DAY 10 OPATIJA – PULA – ROVINJ – TRIESTE
It’s the day to discover peninsula of Istria. From Opatija follow the scenic coastal road to town of Pula on peninsula’s tip. See one of the best preserved Ancient Roman Amphitheaters and continue north to the medieval, once the island town of Rovinj. After lunch, head inlands to visit the magnificent artist hill top town of Groznjan, to end the day few kilometers north in Italian town of Trieste. Our hotel Savoia Excelsior 4* or similar overlooks the seaside promenade and is just a few steps from magnificent Piazza Unita. Your evening is free.(B)
DAY 11 TRIESTE
Your day starts with walking tour of Trieste. Since this once was the Austrian Empire’s capital of coffee, we are for sure going for some coffee tasting. We’ll visit the Emperor’s brother’s castle Miramare, you’ll learn a lot about the Habsburgs and Maximilians tragic end in Mexico.
The afternoon is yours, to explore and shop around.
In the evening your guide will take you for an unforgettable farewell dinner.(B,D)
DAY 12 TRIESTE – TRIESTE AIRPORT
Sad but true, your wonderful tour is over. You’ll be transferred to Trieste or Venice airport, or to any other destination in the area if you wish to spend more time in the neighbourhood.(B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Folina hotel from Venice or Trieste airport on Day 1 (other airports available for extra cost)
- Transfer from Trieste hotel to Triste or Venice airport on Day 12 (other airports available for extra cost)
- 11 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 or 5 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- Entrance fees to Pula Amphiteater, Kobarid WW1 museum, Hochosterwitz castle, Postojna caves, Predjama Castle, Miramare Castle and Tiepolo museum in Udine.
- Local guides for Klagenfurt, BurgHoch Osterwitz Castle, Postojna Caves, Kobarid War museum, Trieste and Udine.
- All breakfasts, six dinners with drinks,...
- Parking fees, permits and motorway tolls.
- Basic insurance and organization.
- Overnight city tax
- Prosecco region wine tour and tasting
- Dolomites scenic drive
- Lake Misurina visit and photo stop
- Cortina d’Ampezzo old town visit
- Dobiacco old town visit
- Burghochosterwitz castle visit
- Julian Alps scenic drive
- Drive around Lake Bled
- Ljubljana Old Town walking tour
- Kobarid WW I award winning museum visit
- Udine walking tour with local guide
- Cividale, UNESCO town orientation walk
- Colio/Brda wine region scenic drive and wine paring dinner
- Postojna Caves visit
- Predjama Castle photo stop
- Opatija seaside promenade stroll
- Pula Roman Amphitheatre guided tour
- Rovinj, pearl of Adriatic visit
- Istria scenic drive with Groznjan visit
- Trieste Old town walking tour with local guide
- Miramare castle visit
Alps to Adriatic tour begins: Folina, Italy
Transfers from Venic or Trieste airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Alps to Adriatic tour ends: Trieste, Italy
Transfers to Trieste or Venice airport on Day 12
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries– Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.