FROM ONLY195 €
Go on a bear-watching trip and observe the brown bear in its natural surroundings. Today Slovenia is one of the rare countries in Europe with stabile and one of the most vital brown bear population with an expanding habitat and strongly increasing numerically. Experiencing bears in the wild is always an exhilarating and awe-inspiring experience. Slovenia4seasons will put you in the right place at the right time for the best possible bear watching experience, ensuring you have a trip of a lifetime. Bear watching experience is undertaken late afternoon when you meet an experienced local guide who knows the region and the habits of the bears well and who will accompany you to the best observation site. High wooden observation hides are used for watching the bears which can be seen from a short distance. You may see a mother with cubs or solitary males as well as other wildlife though a sighting is not guaranteed. Each bear watching group is restricted to small group of people (no small children), to give the maximum chance of sighting bears. Slovenia represents the most western European border of the natural population of this mighty animal. Population is stable from long time ago. Even more, in last decade Brown Bear population is in significant increase. The bear watching experience tour includes also round trip transportation from your accomodation and an early dinner served in a local restaurant. After the dinner you’ll be transfered back to your hotel. We would recommend all our guests to dress warmly in layers it is always colder in the forest, have running shoes or similar footwear, while in the hide move as little as possible and keep the noise level as low as possible, do not carry or wear much smell and fragrance (food, cosmetics …) and most of all be patient while waiting. Our bear-watching has a 90% chance of seeing the bear, for the other 10% we give a 40% discount.
VIDEO BEAR WATCHING EXPERIENCE:
What to consider when bear-watching?
– Departure from your hotel late afternoon. (by agreement) Duration: 4-5 hours
– Bears during the winter hibernate, so the bear-watching season is from March to October.
– Move as little as possible when in observatory, keep the noise level as low as possible.
– Do not carry or wear much smell and fragrance (food, cosmetics …)
– Our bear-watching has a 90% chance of seeing the bear, for the other 10% we give a 40% discount.
– We recommend all guests to dress warmly in layers it is always colder in the forest. Running shoes or similar footwear recommended. – and most of all – be patient while waiting …
Price: 195 euro/person min.2 people
Price includes: a local guide when in the forest, English speaking guide/driver while on the tour, roundtrip transportation from your hotel, dinner, welcome drink, Vat and insurance.
pay DEPOSIT of 90 euro/group by clicking BOOK NOW
I just wanted to send you a quick email to say a big thank you to you and Jernej for organising the [...]
I just wanted to send you a quick email to say a big thank you to you and Jernej for organising the bear safari so well, it was an amazing experience! Jernej was great and even though we were delayed due to bad traffic on the day made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible and that there was a back up plan to go another day in case we were too late.
Thank you again and I will certainly be booking with you again on my next trip to Slovenia.
Sam Latham, U.K.
Bear watching Slovenia
During our roadtrip to Ljubljana we saw a lot of bear statues. On our last day we decided we wanted [...]
Bear watching Slovenia
During our roadtrip to Ljubljana we saw a lot of bear statues. On our last day we decided we wanted to see a brown bear in wild life. The Ljubljana tourist office brought us in contact with Slovenia 4 Seasons. A realy friendly guide picked us up at our hotel, offered us a delicious meal in a local restaurant and brought us to a professional hunter. After a five minute walk in the forest we arrived at a hunter watchtower. we had to be very quited and after waiting about 45 minutes we saw a mama brown bear with 3 little cubs. She noticed our presence so we needed to be very careful. The moment was very exciting and spectacular! It is a must-do for every nature and animal lover!
Afgelopen jaar hebben we een tour geboekt met Slovenia4Seasons om Europese bruine beren in het wild te zien. We werden gekoppeld aan [...]
Afgelopen jaar hebben we een tour geboekt met Slovenia4Seasons om Europese bruine beren in het wild te zien. We werden gekoppeld aan een lokale boswachter. Helaas hadden we de eerste dag pech: slecht weer en geen enkele beer. We spraken met Andre af om het de volgende dag nog een keer te proberen. De volgende dag was het raak: we zagen een moederbeer met 3 jonkies! Wat niet in de beschrijving van de tour stond, was dat er een uitgebreide maaltijd in een zeer goed restaurant bij inbegrepen is. Ik kan deze tour echt heel sterk aanraden!