South Italy tour 13days/12nights
South Italy tour 13days/12nights
FROM ONLY5600 €
Our South Italy 13 day tour begins with a visit to incredible Napels for two nights. We’ll have a local expert tour of Napels old town and its Archeological Museum. Fascinating guided tour of Herculaneum and Pompei on the way to Sorrento. The four nights are combined between Sorrento and the unforgettable Amalfi Coast. We’ll have a Capri island tour visit and the stunning Amalfi Coast drive.
Crossing the southern peninsula we’ll discover Italy’s region of Basilicata which offers the absolutely unique experience of the gorge and cave dwellings at Matera.
Puglia, is the less traveled and many treasured heel of the Italian boot. This region hosts mysterious castles and cone-shaped Trulli homes while providing the country’s best food and excellent Primitivo wines. Our historic district lodgings are in baroque Lecce, coastal Trani and Alberobello- town of round white houses with tall conical roofs. While in Puglia we also visit the white city-Ostuni, enigmatic octagonal castle Castel Del Monte, Gargano peninsula, ancient Bari, Otranto-the last Byzantine stronghold on Italian soil and tipof Italian peninsula, Santa Maria di Leuca.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
- 9500 euro/person for a group of two
- 7600 euro/person for a group of four
- 6500 euro/person for a group of six
- 5600 euro/person for a group of eight
- Single room supplement: 1200 euro
TOUR DATES: on request
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
Day 1 AIRPORT-NAPLES
After landing in Naples or Rome, board a van and reach Napels your hotel GH Oriente 4* or similar for 2 nights in Napels, the lively capital of Southern Italy. Check in your hotel, and proceed for a great welcome dinner.(D)
Day 2 NAPLES
Start your day with a walking tour of this amazing city and a tour of its fabulous Archeological Museum. The rest of the day is free to explore the city on your own.(B)
Day 3 NAPLES-HERCULANEUM-POMPEI-SORRENTO
This morning take of and visit the two exeptional archeological sights Herculaneum and Pompei. See the places you´ve learned about in museum the previous day in a company of an experienced local guide.
Then proceed to Sorrento, the resort of the area, check in for 2 nights at GH Riviera 4* or similar, and enyoj the athmosphere of Neapolitan Riviera.(B)
Day 4 SORRENTO-CAPRI-SORRENTO
Take a boat to Capri, often called the most beautifull island in the world. Enjoy the views of Capri beautiful coastline and grottos with majestic Faraglioni rocks, while sipping wine and taste Caprese salad with fresh homemade mozzarella and tomatos. If you want , have a swimm in Mediterranean sea. Check the narrow streets of the town of Capri. Then you’ll be transfered to the town of Anacapri for a chairlift to Monte Solaro, the highest point of the island. Return to Sorrento, free dinner.(B)
Day 5 SORRENTO-POSITANO-AMALFI
Pack your things this morning and head for the Amalfi drive. It will take all day for 20 miles, and you will stop in Positano and Amalfi and will do a lunch break and several photo stops on the way.Check in your Amalfi Hotel Villa Piedimonte 4* or similar for two nights.(B)
Day 6 AMALFI
Enjoy Amalfi this morning, head for a half day trip to nearby hilltop town of Ravello, explore the town and enjoy a wonderfull dinner with the view of the bay. Return to Amalfi. (B,D)
Day 7 AMALFI-MATERA-ALBEROBELLO
Head south east today to visit a unique town of Matera, the place Mel Gibson chose for his famous movie, The Passion of Christ. See the Sassi and learn how people lived in the caves till 60´s of the 20th Century. Simply amazing. After the walking tour you’ll be transfered to Alberobello another unique town of the South. Alberobello, a place on the Unesco´s list is known for its trulli houses.
Your lodging is a resort Hotel Corte del Astore 4* or similar for two nights. Enjoy a Masseria, tipical southern farm, dinner tonight.(B,D)
Day 8 ALBEROBELLO-OSTUNI-OLIVE FARM-POLIGNIANO-ALBEROBELLO
Head for a beautiful town of Ostuni today, and visit an olive oil farm, learn how olive oil is made and sample some oil and other local products. After a stroll in Ostuni follow the coast to Polignano al mare, a medieval costal town, enjoy an excellent seafood lunch. Return to Alberobello.(B,L)
Day 9 ALBEROBELLO-CASTEL DEL MONTE-TRANI
Departure Alberobello and head north.
This morning, visit the unique Castel del Monte, the enigmatic octagonal castle erected by the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II in the 13th century. Overnight in a charming coastal town of Trani. Your hotel is the waterfront Palazzo Filisio 4* or similar for two nights. Fish dinner in a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 10 TRANI-MONTE SAN ANGELO-GARGANO-VIESTE-TRANI
We start a day visiting picturesque village of Monte Sant’ Angelo on Gargano peninsula where according to legend, St. Michael appeared in 490, 492 and 493, has been the site of many famous pilgrimages, which started from Mont Saint-Michel in France. Afterwards we drive to the pearl of the Gargano peninsula the enchanting Vieste, with its well-preserved historical centre. In the afternoon enjoy a private boat ride to the famous Viesta sea caves. Return to Trani. Free evening.(B)
Day 11 TRANI-BARI-LECCE
After breakfast head to Bari and see how they make a local pasta orechiette and stroll the picturesque neighborhood Bari Vechia. Afterwards drive more south and reach Lecce a Baroque town of the south. Visit its beautiful churches and a Castle with a local guide. Check in your central Hotel Patria Palace 4* or similar for two nights, the rest of the afternoon and evening is yours to explore the town on your own. (B)
Day 12 LECCE-OTRANTO-S.M.LEUCCA-LECCE
Travel to Otranto, the last Byzantine stronghold on Italian soil, v isit its majestic fort, its port and then continue south, to reach the very tipof Italian peninsula, Santa Maria di Leuca, see the place called Italian Maldives , one of the 100 most beautifull villages of Italy. Return to Lecce for a farewel dinner. (B,D)
Day 13 LECCE-AIRPORT
After breakfast we transfer you to Brindisi airport for a return flight home.(B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Naples hotel from Napels or Rome airport on Day 1 (other airports available for extra cost)
- Transfer from Lecce hotel to Brindisi airport on Day 13 (other airports available for extra cost)
- 12 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- Entrance fees Naples museum, Hercolaneum and Pompei excavation site, Mt. Solaro chair lift, Castel del Monte and Otranto Cathedral.
- Capri and Gargano boat ride.
- Local guides for Naples, Hercolaneum, Pompei, Lecce, Castel Del Monte and Matera. Guiding in Leuca, Ostuni, Otranto, Alberobello, Ravello, Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri
- All breakfasts, five dinners with drinks, one lunch with drinks,....
- Parking fees, permits and motorway tolls.
- Basic insurance and organization.
- Overnight city tax
- Naples Archeological Museum guided tour
- Pompei&Hercolaneum excavation with local guide
- Sorrento Bay of Napels view
- Capri boat ride
- Positano Cliff Hanging town
- Amalfi scenic drive
- Sassi di Matera UNESCO site tour
- Alberobello UNESCO site
- Ostuni the white city visit
- Octogonal Castel del Monte castle visit
- Trani coastal town
- Gargano peninsula boat ride
- Bari Old town pasta making demonstration
- Lecce Baroque town walking tour
- Otranto Cathedral visit
- S.M. Leucca scenic drive and photo stop
South Italy tour begins: Naples, Italy
Transfers from Napels or Rome airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
South Italy tour ends: Lecce, Italy
Transfers to Brindisi airport on Day 13
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries- Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.