Trieste and surroundings 7days/6nights
Trieste and surroundings 7days/6nights
FROM ONLY1500 €
The northeast Italian region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia derives its long name from Julius Caesar, who founded the city of Cividale del Friuli (forum Iulii) in 53 BC, and from Venice, of whose territory it was once a part. Here we’ll discover Romans, Lombards, Huns, Slavs and Austrians. Tour starts with a three night stay in magnificent Trieste, features a detailed local guide tour and day trips to neigbouring not to be missed Slovenia and Istria peninsula.
Next stop also for three nights is charming Udine-the best Venetian town on the firm ground and includes visits to Soča/Isonzo valley with Kobarid, the ancient Roman city of Aquileia, UNESCO site Cividale and a Collio/Brda winery.
PRICE: based on the number of people in your group.
- 2900 euro per person when two traveling
- 2500 euro per person when four traveling
- 1900 euro per person when six traveling
- 1500 euro per person when eight traveling
DEPARTURE DATES: On request
Single room supplement 500 euro
All departures between Nov 1st and March 31st 10% discounted.
Day 1 AIRPORT-MIRAMARE CASTLE-TRIESTE
Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb or Venice airport and bring you to your elegent centraly located hotel Savoia Excelsior 4* or similar for three nights in Trieste. Enjoy a guided visit of Trieste with Miramare Castle this afternoon. Later enjoy a welcome dinner in a local restaurant. (D)
Day 2 TRIESTE-POSTOJNA CAVES-LJUBLJANA-LAKE BLED-TRIESTE
Today we explore all the highlights of Slovenia in one day. We start our day with a visit of underground world of Postojna caves, situated just 30minutes driving away from Trieste.
Afterwards you’ll explore Slovenia capital Ljubljana on a walking tour of the Ljubljana Old Town.
After some free time for lunch and shooping in Ljubljana we´ll continue to Lake Bled, the Jewel of the Slovenian Alpine region.
Return to Trieste. Free evening. (B)
Day 3 TRIESTE-PULA-ROVINJ-GROŽNJAN-TRIESTE
You´ll spend a day exploring the peninsula of Istria, today. The journey takes you to its capital, Pula first. This town was a very important one in ancient Roman times already, hence all its ancient Roman remains including a very well preserved Amphitheatre. Then follow the West coast, to Rovinj, the pearl of the Adriatic. This ex island, now attached to the mainland is a town that witnesses the several centuries of attachment of Istria to glorious days of Venetian Republic. On the way back to Trieste you´ll take a road inland, across the rolling hills visiting the artist hilltop village, Grožnjan. You´ll be back to Trieste on time to enjoy its evening atmosphere and maybe dine in a seaside restaurant.(B)
Day 4 TRIESTE-KOBARID-CIVIDALLE-UDINE
We’ll hit the mountains today, towards the emerald Soca river valley. Scenery is just fantastic; we’ll be doing several short breathtaking stops. One of them is going to be in the town of Kanal, but then we’ll going to continue to Kobarid, to visit the award winning Museum of WW I. Austrians on one side and Italians on the other had fought on this front line for years. Ernest Hemingway, partly witnessed all this by himself, dedicated one of his major works, a Farewell to Arms, to this area.
Following the visit to WW I museum in Kobarid we’ll continue to Cividale, a town established by Julius Cesar that later became the Longobard capital city. Nowadays charming medieval little town attracts visitors from all over; its major site being the Devil’s bridge over the Natisone river. taly, to the Capital of Friuli region, Udine for two nights in Hotel Astoria 4* or similar. Free evening.(B)
Day 5 UDINE-COLIO/BRDA-UDINE
Start the day with a walking tour of the historic center of Udine and the visit to Tiepolo museum. This Venice born painter, from 18th century worked a lot in Germany and Spain, decorated the throne room in Royal Palace in Madrid, as well. Some of his major works are kept in Udine museum.
In the afternoon we’ll continue to Colio/Brda wine region partly on Italian, partly on Slovenian side of the border. In one of the renowned wineries we’ll enjoy the typical dinner with wine paring which include Chardonnay and the traditional Brda vines Sivi Pinot, Tokaj, Sauvignon and Beli Pinot. (B,D)
Day 6 UDINE-AQUILEIA-GRADO-ISOLA DI BARBANA-UDINE
Aquileia was founded as a Roman town and port in the 2nd century B.C. and over the following six centuries became the fourth largest city in Italy. Our local guide will take us on a walk through 1500 years of history that includes the Roman forum, the ancient port and the Basilica.
In the afternoon enjoy a boat trip through the Grado Lagoon to the Isola di Barbana before heading back to Udine. Farawell dinner tonight in a typical Friulian restaurant. (B,D)
Day 7 UDINE-AIRPORT
After breakfast you’ll be transfered to the airport(B)
Towns and places
- Transportation in modern luxury passenger mini-van with extra leg room
- Transfer to Trieste hotel from Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb or Venice airport on Day 1 (other airports available for extra cost)
- Transfer from Udine hotel to Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb or Venice airport airport on Day 7 (other airports available for extra cost)
- 6 nights accomodation based on double/twin bed occupancy in a 4 star hotels
- Full time professional English speaking guide/driver on the tour.
- Entrance fees included in Postojnska jama cave, Miramare castle, Kobarid WW1 museum, Aquileia Basilica and Museo Diocesiano in Udine.
- Barbana Island boat ride
- Local guides for Postojna Caves, kobarid WW1 museum, Trieste, Udine and Aquileia.
- All breakfasts, three dinners with drinks,...
- Parking fees, permits and motorway tolls.
- Basic insurance and organization.
- Overnight city tax
- City walking tours in Udine, Ljubljana and Trieste.
- Miramare Castle at TriesteTrieste Old town visit with Miramare Castle
- Slovenia Highlights tour
- Istrian hill top towns and scenic drive tour
- Soča valley scenic drive
- Kobarid WW1 museum visit with local guide
- Udine walking tour with local guide and Tiepolo Museum visit
- Colio/Brda wine road and gurmet dinner
- Aquileia UNESCO archeological site local guide tour
- Isola Barbana boat ride
Trieste and surrounding tour begins: Trieste, Italy
Transfers from Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb, Verona or Venice airport on Day 1
Other airports on request.
Trieste and surrundings tour ends: Udine, Italy
Transfers to Ljubljana, Trieste, Zagreb, Verona or Venice airport on Day 7
Other airports on request.
Why travel with us?
- Private travel – gives you a highly personalized and unforgettable experience that you won’t find on a large group tour. Traveling on a private tour is extremely suitable in this unprecedented times.
- Unique itineraries- Our carefully designed itineraries are a wonderful blend of the major sites and delightful places that we’ve discovered off the beaten paths, where you’ll find fewer tourists.
- All included – no optional hidden cost excursions.
- Best value – our lower prices and high quality make us a great choice for an escorted private tour.
- The best historic hotels, most are 4 star or 5 star, dating from previous centuries, located inside historic districts to maximize your free time on tour.
- The best small restaurants where local eat and great wines – all included, as much as you like. No pre-fixed group menu’s, you dine alla cart.
- Exceptional native tour guides and local guides – experienced, informative, attentive and fun! Essential to an authentic experience!
- Leisurely pace – your average day on tour begins at 9am and there is ample free time for your own explorations daily.
- Airport transfer– Choose your arrival airport. Flexibility is one of our motos, so we´ll be glad to pick you up from nearby airports and bring you to/from your hotel.
- Driving time-we want you to experience your destinations on foot, not from the highway. On average we spend two-three hours a day or less traveling, along scenic roads wherever possible. Our vehicles are modern luxury passenger mini-vans with extra leg room and extremly comfortabile when traveling even longer distances.